Our program is designed as a six-month session running in Spring Term and Autumn Term to coincide with our annual recital taken place twice per year. However, we accept enrollments for the school throughout a year. Upon enrollment, all students must fill out “TAIKO-LAB REGISTRATION FORM”
There is a one-time non-refundable registration fee by cash due the first time you join our school. This registration fee includes: TUITION PAYMENT FOR YOUR FIRST MONTH and CLASS MATERIAL. For class materials, we will give you Taiko teaching textbook, drum sticks and stick cover.
You need to enroll in STANDARD classes for your first year. Please check the class schedule and see which day works for you. Each class is taken place twice per months or three times per month depending on the length of lesson.
(i.e. 90min class ⇒3 times per month / 120min class ⇒ 2 times per month)
Monthly tuition fee is written on the schedule list. Once enrolled, you are responsible for monthly tuition payment. We accept Auto-pay via Credit Card (Visa, Master, American Express, JCB, Diners, DC) so you do not have to worry about late fees.
CHANGE or DROP CLASSES
If you decide to change or quit a class, you are obligated to visit and notify the front desk by 20th of the previous month so that you can change or drop a class in the following month. (I.e. if you want to change a class in March, you need to notify us by February 20th)
VACATION or EXTENDED BREAK
When taking a vacation or extended break from our school, please visit and notify the front desk by 20th of the previous month before you take a vacation. Appreciation form with handwritten signature is required. You can reserve your spot (three months max) by paying 1,100 yen per month. Please note that your auto-pay will start after (max) three months regardless of your intention.
1 time absence can use for 1 time 1 DAY Wadaiko program or other standard class lesson. Please let us know when you will absence in the advance.
- Students should arrive with appropriate workout clothes, in-house shoes and drum sticks
- Students must not open the soundproof double doors during classes to avoid any noise disturbances to the tenants in the building. If you need to walk out of studio, please open the door one by one.
- Please watch your steps when you open the studio doors to avoid any injuries
- Students must not to put any drinks or tangible things on drums
- Please keep a distance between drums and do not hit other drums
- Please present your membership card, or “Point Card”, at the front desk. We will accept Point Card 30 minutes before a class begins.
- Pick up your card and news letters from us at the front desk after a class ends
- We will give you a stamp on your card if you take a class more than once. Once collecting twelve stamps, you can decide the prize out of the following choices
- Reissuing Point Card is for free, however please note that stamps you collected before will be no longer valid.
- Please exchange your card with the prize within three months after the month you collected twelve stamps. (i.e. your card collected all stamps in May→exchange your card with the prize in June, July or August)
- For Taiko classes, please check your class schedule every month as the time schedule is subject to change depending on months
- Students must start at beginner class. As you get better at drumming, you can take other advanced classes after consulting with your instructor and getting approval from him/her
The level of difficulties in class is as follows
It will take about a year to enroll for advanced class
- Annual recitals are not compulsory but optional
- There is a recital fee. We will announce the detail via our newsletter
- Class schedule will be announced every three months through our newsletter and our website
- Substitute teacher might teach a class on occasion
- If you are unable to attend a class, you can take other standard classes or 1 DAY Wadaiko Program as a make-up lesson. Regarding other standard classes, you can choose a lesson only from the other classes with the same lesson time as per lesson duration. (i.e. If your class is Standard class on Wednesday 19:00-20:30, and you can’t attend your own class, then you can take a lesson from classes for 90 min per lesson.)
- You must take make-up classes within 3 months of the missed class; from a month before you missed a class until a month after it. (i.e. you are unable to attend a class on May 13th, then you must take a make-up lesson in April, May or June)
- Not only do we run regular classes, but we also have workshops and studio live event as well. Please check our announcement on website or newsletter
Q. What do you do in Advanced classes?
A. In addition to learning Sueoki-gata (the basic style with the drum placed on the floor), you can learn different drumming styles such as Yoko-uchi (side stroke) or Naname Uchi (slanted stand) style. The composition you learn in advanced class varies from traditional songs to contemporary ones.
Q. I’d like to take an Advanced class but I cannot find any class that I can fit in.
A. You can continue your STANDARD class but with an advanced music sheet. Therefore you can learn a composition that is designed more complicated for an advanced student while other STANDARD students in a class will learn the same composition designed easier for STANDARD level.
Q. What is workshop class?
A. We have various workshops such as a special workshop by a prominent instructor, or a workshop for traditional drumming style. We have workshops once or twice per month so please keep your eye on up-coming announcement.
- Tell your friend about us, and get special drumming sticks with your name engraved on. Also there is no registration fee for your friend to become our membership
- Enroll for another class, and get 20% discount
- You can rent a studio. We will accept your reservation two weeks before.
- Collect 12 stamps and get a prize!
- You can participate in our annual recital